About Our New High School
Why is LCA starting a High School program?
- To bring continuity to our existing PK-8th grade program
- To meet the need of our constituents that have been requesting a high school
What is the philosophy of LCA’s High School program?
- To have traditional classrooms
- To supplement our core curriculum with online curriculum as well as dual enrollment with local colleges
When will it be implemented?
- 2018-2019 - 9th and 10th grades at the current campus
- 2019-2020 - add 11th grade
- 2020-2021 - add 12th grade
What is the 2018-2019 core curriculum?
- Math: Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry
- Science: Biology & Chemistry
- World History
- English with emphasis on Writing and SAT prep
- Spanish 1 & 2
- Gym and Health
What are some of 2018-2019 electives?
- Computer Science
- Music: vocal and band
Will sports be offered in 2018-2019?
- LCA will continue with our current league ACCAC
- Volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer, and track will be offered
Will the High School be accredited?
- Yes. We are currently pursuing extending our current accreditation with Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and with Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools to include the High School.
What is the 2018-2019 High School Tuition?