About Our New High School
Why is LCA starting a High School program?
- To bring continuity to our existing PK-8th grade program
- To meet the need of our constituents that have been requesting a high school
What is the philosophy of LCA’s High School program?
- To have traditional classrooms
- To supplement our core curriculum with online curriculum as well as dual enrollment with local colleges
When will it be implemented?
- 2018-2019 - 9th and 10th grades at the current campus
- 2019-2020 - add 11th grade
- 2020-2021 - add 12th grade
What is the 2018-2019 core curriculum?
- Math: Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry
- Science: Biology & Chemistry
- World History
- English with emphasis on Writing and SAT prep
- Spanish 1 & 2
- Gym and Health
What are some of 2018-2019 electives?
- Computer Science
- Music: vocal and band
Will sports be offered in 2018-2019?
- LCA will continue with our current league ACCAC
- Volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer, and track will potentially be offered
Will the High School be accredited?
- We are currently pursuing accreditation with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for High School.
What is the 2018-2019 High School Tuition?