- Phone: (610)-776-7301
- Mailing Address: 1151 S. Cedar Crest Blvd.
- Allentown, PA 18103
1. We believe that the Bible, consisting of Old and New Testaments only, is verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, is inerrant in the original manuscripts, and is the infallible and authoritative Word of God, the final word and only rule in faith and conduct.
2. We believe that the one triune God exists eternally and co-equally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe the triune God, according to His sovereign will, created out of nothing and out of things that He had made, by immediate and mediate action, the worlds and all that is therein. He is the Governor and Upholder of creation by His wisdom and the word of His mighty power.
4. We believe that Adam was directly and perfectly created by God in His image and did not originate by the process of evolution. He was tempted by Satan, the god of this world, and fell. Because of Adam’s sin, all men have guilt imputed, are totally depraved, and need to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit for salvation.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is God, was born of a virgin so that two perfect and distinct natures were united in one person which is truly God and truly man, lived a sinless life, died vicariously, shed His blood as man’s substitutionary sacrifice, rose bodily, and ascended to heaven where He is presently exalted at the Father’s right hand as the only mediator between God and man.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to those who come in true repentance and faith. He convicts and draws those sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power, and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith.
7. We believe that salvation consists in the remission of sins through repentance and Christ’s shed blood, the imputation of Christ is perfect righteousness, the reception of the Holy Spirit, and the gift of eternal life. This salvation is received by faith alone, apart from works.
8. We believe that the Church, the Body of which Christ is the head, consists only of those who are born again, who are baptized by the Holy Spirit into Christ at the time of their regeneration, for whom He now makes intercession in heaven, and for whom He will come again.
9. We believe that Christ has committed to His Church the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
10. We believe that Christ commanded the Church to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature of each generation, and to make disciples, baptizing and teaching those who believe. All believers are to be involved in proclaiming the Gospel and making disciples and the fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.”
11. We believe that the Church has received a biblical mandate to teach and to train children in every area of faith and life.
12. We believe that Jesus Christ will return to earth, personally, visibly, and bodily.
13. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation
14. We believe that God created marriage in the beginning, as a blessing for both man and woman, before any sin or rebellion entered the world, and that He created marriage to be between one man and one woman, who enter into a covenant relationship, complement one another, serve one another and sanctify one another for as long as they both shall live. Accordingly, we reject any attempt to redefine marriage as a union between people of the same sex or as between more than one man and one woman. We believe that the homosexual lifestyle and alternative gender identities are contrary to the Bible. (Gen. 1:27-28; Gen. 2:15-24; Lev. 18:22; Lev. 20: 13a; Matt. 19:46; Rom. 1:26-27; I Cor. 7:14)
15. Lehigh Christian Academy believes that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including preborn babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life. (Psalm 139)
16. The Statement of Faith for Lehigh Christian Academy does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Lehigh Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Board of Directors is Lehigh Christian Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.